At Electric Pig, we are committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to Support Accessibility
Electric Pig takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Include accessibility as a key aspect of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsman.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Electric Pig is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Electric Pig. Please let us know if you encounter any accessibility barriers on Electric Pig:
- Phone: +447520666806
- E-mail: [email protected]
We aim to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Accessibility of Electric Pig relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are used in the design and creation of our website.
Electric Pig assessed the accessibility of our website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation: the site was tested internally by our team using various tools to identify any potential accessibility issues.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. If you do not find our response satisfactory, you have the right to escalate the complaint to the national authority.