Android caught on film!
Live Android feed
- Google puts Hurricane Sandy on the map: Are you in danger?
- Sh*t Android users say: Guys, seriously... Can we stop this now?
- All Google’s Android event products revealed!
- The great app hack: How to steal people’s money
- HTC J Butterfly: The most beautiful phone you’ll never have
- Asus Padfone 2 official: Do want
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini announced, priced, yawned at
- World first Moto ad campaign: Why it’s nice to be Google’s mate
- Sony Odin specs revealed: Don’t buy that Galaxy Note 2 until you’ve read this
- LG Nexus spotted: Is this the iPhone 5 killer?
The HTC Desire Android phone is here! It’s the Google phone Android fans have been waiting for, combining a luscious 3.7 inch AMOLED screen with an ultra-quick 1Ghz processor, all wrapped up in a slim and sexy shell.
The HTC Desire is more than just a spec-head’s dream machine though. The Sense UI software inside sets it apart from the competition with custom apps and widgets, including HTC Friend Stream, which shows your friends’ updates from Facebook, Twitter and Flickr all in one place. It’s a neat way to stay on top of your social networks, without darting between apps and web pages.
Of course, the HTC Desire is more than capable of zipping around the web if need be. There’s a full web browser inside, as well as HSDPA technology for speeds to rival your home broadband. More specialised software means the Desire’s browser is smart too. Hold your finger on a word, and the HTC Desire will offer to define it in Wikipedia, or even translate it using Google Translate.
All this, and the HTC Desire is just 11.9mm thin. Its profile kept skinny with a new optical trackpad, replacing mechanical trackballs and offering slick scrolling for times when the touchscreen isn’t practical. Read on, and we’ll clue you in on every skill in the HTC Desire’s arsenal.
Android species explored
- Android codenames cracked: How to identify yours
- Android phones: what would aliens think?
- Android phone scours night sky for UFOs
- Apps to turn yourself into an Android
- Android messaging: Use an Android phone to send messages into space!
- HTC Desire vs Nexus One: What’s the difference
- HTC Desire dissected: Android exposed
- Android apps: 10 things you never knew
- Android phone discovers lost Mars Lander
- Android phone lands on Moon!
- Android phone aids human space explorers
- Android apps to turn your phone into mobile minion
- HTC Desire: Under the bonnet of an Android speed machine
- Use an Android phone to fake UFO photos