Jack Tretton, the notoriously robust CEO of Sony PlayStation has landed himself in a very sticky spot – again. Having previously described the Wii as a ‘lollipop’ and the Xbox an ‘unreliable cook’, Tretton has branded the Nintendo 3DS a ‘babysitting tool’.
To be fair, he’s in good company here. Take a look at our Top 5 outrageous quotes emanating from the biggest cheeses in gaming…
1. “[People who play RPGs are] depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games.”
Hiroshi Yamauchi, the third president of Nintendo.
2. “The reviews can suck my ass.”
Mitch Gitelman, general manager of FASA Studios, on Shadowrun… anyone remember that game? No? Didn’t think so.
3. “You know you can get the stuff from Bittorrent if you want and download PSP games, it’s up to you.”
David Reeves, ex-Sony Europe boss, appears to condone piracy.
4. “This project was so f***ed up.”
Harvey Smith of Midway Games commits PR suicide by slating his new release, BlackSite: Area 51. Coincidently, he left the company the very next day.
5. “If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that’s been on shelves for more than five minutes, I’ll give you $1200 bucks for it.”
Jack Tretton – yes, him of ‘Babysitting tool’ fame – appears to be delighted with the crippling shortage of PS3’s at launch.