We’ve had our own fair share of problems with smartphones, but we’d never imagine they’d lead to our phone exploding in our ear. According to Aron Embry from Dallas Texas, his Motorola Droid 2 did exactly just that — it exploded, leaving a bloody mess and a hospital visit requiring four stitches.
The alleged story from Mr. Embry this morning has us rethinking the way we talk about our precious smartphones. Apparently while attempting to get in his car, the Droid 2 overheated and subsequently exploded against his ear.
The damage caused by the alleged explosion was quite a bit worse than a paper cut and a visit to the ER quickly followed. Blood began to pour down his neck and when his wife saw him she thought he had gotten into a car accident.
Curiously, the man alleging the story does not have health insurance and he’s already found legal representation — representation he hopes will get Motorola to open their pocketbooks. This is not the first time we’ve heard reports of malfunctioning smartphones.
Even iPods have been known to overheat and cause some serious damage. Personally I’ve had two iPod Nanos overheat and if I had not smelt the burning plastic, there’s no telling what type of fire would have been started.
We’re not exactly sold on the idea of a phone just blowing up like this Motorola Droid 2, but we’re sure there will be a serious investigation. With that being said, it’s time to find out what you think about this smartphone fiasco. Did the Motorola Droid 2 actually explode or is this just another get-rich-quick scheme?
via Fox DFW